product designer position
Product Designer - Almaty Office / Remote
Appboxo Shops is redefining the e-commerce experience across Southeast Asia and India, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
About the role
Our Business team is on a mission to reinvent the shopping experience for companies worldwide. We focus on relentlessly making e-commerce tools easier, more rewarding, and useful for business owners and employees and, for that, we have an exciting roadmap ahead.
We are growing fast across South East Asia and some of our partners have 300+ million users. We are expanding e-commerce products as well as scaling globally.
Looking at the exciting plans above, we are searching for a talented Product Designer to grow our teams in different B2B verticals. Sometimes it's hard to tell at first which team you'd like to join. That's okay - we'd love to talk and discover together what would suit you better!
If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you.
This role requires you to
We don’t follow the traditional corporate model but empower our people to own their work end-to-end, that’s what you’ll be in charge of in your Product team: be actively involved in a product from a design perspective, having a holistic approach on the experience, from discovery to delivery - always keeping in mind our customers and their interests!
- You will be partnering with the Product Owners, Engineers, and other colleagues, working in a cross-functional and distributed team. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business’ problems.
- You’ll identify the key metrics for the projects you are involved in and take ownership for achieving their success.
- You will research and bring forward new findings and learnings for reaching complex company goals - such as launching in new territories and offering new products.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- We love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs, thus you will be running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing.
- Once that’s done, iterate, implement with the technical team, and present the final solution during the design reviews.
- We are not stopping here, we believe in continuous improvement, so you’ll review the performance of the release, identify learnings and find ways to enhance it.
- To ensure we are speaking the same language as a team, we have the support of a design system - so you’ll kick in!
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in designing world-class complex commercial apps, with at least 2 years of in-house experience
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work
- Strong design skills across iOS, Android, and web platforms
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- The ability to understand technical implications in their design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of the design process and work as a self-directed member of the development team
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behavior
- Clean visual design sense
- Skills in typography and grids
- Love to solve problems and be challenged
- To be a constant learner. You will be always growing - both personally and with the team
Even better if you have any of the following:
- Technical higher education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Some experience in videography
- Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Never compromise
- Work super hard
- Be honest
- Break walls